Special Educational Needs
We provide an environment in which all children, including those with special educational needs, are supported to reach their full potential.
- We have regard for the DfES Special Educational Needs Code of Practice (2015).
- We ensure our provision is inclusive to all children with special educational needs.
- We support parents and children with special educational needs (SEN).
- We identify the specific needs of children with special educational needs and meet those needs through a range of SEN strategies.
- We work in partnership with parents and other agencies in meeting individual children’s needs.
- We monitor and review our policy, practice and provision and, if necessary, make adjustments.
For further information please follow the links below.
Disability Rights Commission
DRC Helpline – 0845 622 633
Support for Parents – Free booklets on behaviour, has lots of links to other websites
Scope – for parents who have children who have been newly diagnosed as having a disability.
Scope Helpline – 0808 800 3333
Speech and Language – Children’s Speech and Language Therapy
www.ican.org.uk (parent point)
www.thecommunicationtrust.org.uk – ages and stages of children’s communication development
Deafness – National Deaf Children’s Society
Helpline – 0808 800 8880
Toilet Training – ERIC (Enuresis Resource and Information Centre)
Helpline – 0845 762 2633